Legal notice and conditions of use of the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary
Hello! The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary team would like to explain in detail how our website works, providing all of the information related to content liability and purpose.
We hope that you make it to the end of this notice and that the information will be of use. Remember that your data and privacy are important to us, which is why we recommend that you also read our privacy and data protection policy, as well as our cookies policy. We can tell you now that the texts aren’t exactly a thrilling read, but they do contain information that you should be aware of.
Who is the owner of the www.falsefriends.org website?
- Company name: Lourdes de Rioja Marrero
- Registered name: English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary
- Registered office: Ctra. Gral Sur 48, Guimar, 38500, Tenerife, Canarias, Spain
- Contact: www.falsefriends.org/contact
By accessing our www.falsefriends.org website, you acquire the status of user, declaring that you are of legal age and have sufficient legal capacity to be bound by the terms and conditions stated herein, and that you are doing so under your sole and exclusive responsibility. If you do not agree with the content of this document, you should immediately leave the website.
The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary reserves the right to amend any information that may appear on the website and has no obligation to notify or inform users in advance, with publication on the website being understood to constitute sufficient notice.
Through our English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary website, we inform users of our services so that, should they wish, they may contact us for further information or interact with us or, if applicable, contract our services.
In order to contract the products and/or services available on our website, users will have to enter the information requested in the form provided and follow the steps set out in the system.
The form specifies the information that is mandatory in order to be able to respond to user requests. Should the mandatory information not be provided, we will be unable to respond to requests.
Access to the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary is completely free and there is no cost attached, although users must undertake at all times to use the resources made available in an appropriate manner, in accordance with these provisions and the legislation in force, without prejudicing the rights of or damaging the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary or third parties.
In detail, users undertake the following:
- Not to use the resources to carry out illegal activities;
- Not to cause harm to the hardware and software of the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary, its providers or third parties;
- Not to release or spread computer viruses or any hardware or software on the Internet that could harm the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary or third parties.
How should users participate?
Should you decide to participate in our website by making comments or generating content, please note that it is explicitly forbidden to disseminate content or propaganda that is illegal, racist, xenophobic, supports terrorism, constitutes an attack on human rights or incites hatred, violates human dignity or is offensive, slanderous or may be prejudicial to public order or safety.
The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary reserves the right to withdraw any comments and/or content that fail to comply with the aforementioned text or are not appropriate for publication on the website.
In any event, the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary shall bear no liability for opinions expressed or content posted by users in forums, chats, blogs or other participatory tools that may be created, unless expressly provided for in the applicable legislation.
Accuracy of the data provided by users on the website
As a user, you are responsible for ensuring that the data you provide are up to date and complete, accurate and truthful. The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary declines all liability for failure to comply with such requirements in relation to the data that you provide.
- Functioning of the website: although we would like to be able to do so, we cannot guarantee that there will be no interruptions or errors when accessing the website.
Nevertheless, we undertake to do everything possible to restore or carry out repairs as soon as we become aware of any incidents, unless there are causes beyond our control that prevent or hamper the execution of such work.
- Liability disclaimer: the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary shall accept no liability whatsoever for the documents or files stored in your system as a result of the presence of viruses in the device that you use to access the website services and content or the use of browser versions that are outdated or not working properly.
Intellectual and industrial property
Website content: the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary has either created or holds a license or authorisation for the use of all of the elements and/or content published on the website. Therefore, all such elements and/or content (including images, audio and video content, software and text, trademarks and logos, colour combinations, structure and design and applications necessary for website functioning, access and use), as well as the rights to these, are the exclusive property of the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary.
The information contained in the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary may be downloaded by users for information purposes only, and never for commercial purposes without prior written consent from the owner, Lourdes de Rioja.
Users may utilise the material on our website for personal and private use, but never for commercial use.
In other words, the reproduction, distribution, disclosure to the public (including making available) and processing of all or part of the website content on any medium and by any technical means is prohibited for all commercial purposes unless expressly authorised in advance in writing by the owner of the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary.
Please note that we will monitor compliance with the aforementioned conditions and any user carrying out any of the aforementioned prohibited actions shall be deemed to be breaching the exclusive intellectual and industrial property rights held by the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary.
Users therefore undertake to respect such rights and also refrain from deleting, altering, evading or manipulating any protection device or security system installed on the website. The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary team shall initiate the appropriate civil and criminal proceedings in the event of any violation or failure to comply with such rights.
Links from other websites: should you wish to create a link from a web page on another Internet portal to any of the pages on the website, the following conditions must be met:
- Full or partial reproduction of any of the website services or contents is forbidden, as is the creation of deep-links, IMG or image links and frames without prior express written consent from the website owner.
- No false, inaccurate or incorrect statements may be made about the website or its services and content. With the exception of those signs that form part of the link, the web page on which it appears may not contain any trademark, registered name, business sign, company name, logo, slogan or other distinctive sign belonging to the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary without the express consent of the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary owner.
- Under no circumstances shall the creation of the link imply the existence of any relationship between the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary and the owner of the web page or portal on which the link has been created, or knowledge or acceptance by the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary of the services and content offered on such web page or portal.
- The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary shall bear no liability for content or services made available to the public on the web page or portal on which the hyperlink has been created, or for information and statements featured on these.
Links to other websites: on our website, we may make links to other websites managed and controlled by third parties available to users for the sole purpose of facilitating their search for information, content and services on the Internet. Under no circumstances shall the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary be considered to be marketing, directing, controlling or owning the content, services, information and statements featured on such websites.
The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary accepts no liability whatsoever, either directly or indirectly, for the content, information, communications, opinions or services linked from those websites which it does not manage and which are accessible via the website, nor does it guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements therein that may result in changes to the users’ IT system (hardware and software), documents or files, accepting no liability for damage of any kind caused to users for such reason.
Failure to comply with these terms
proceedings, as may any inappropriate use of the website, and the English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary may initiate as many legal proceedings as it sees fit to defend its legitimate interests.
Amendment of these terms
The English-Spanish False Friends Dictionary notes that the terms set out herein may be amended at any time after publication here.
Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
In other words, any disputes or issues related to this website or the activities carried out herein shall be settled under Spanish law, to which the parties agree to submit, and the judges and courts of S/C de Tenerife, Spain are competent to resolve all disputes arising from or related to its use.